Thursday, March 01, 2007

Liam Halligan I love you

If you watched Dispatches this week you’ll know why. Liam Halligan brilliantly explained how so much money has been poured into the NHS and where it has been wasted/siphoned off into the private sector. If you didn’t see it find somebody who taped it and if you can’t do that then read the pages on the Channel 4 site.

If you’re feeling up to it, read his interview with Patricia Hewitt in the Sunday Telegraph. The interview was shown in the programme and for the very first time I experienced an urge to eviscerate somebody who wasn’t dead. I had to bite my fingers to stop myself bludgeoning the telly with a frying pan. Here’s a quote from the Telegraph interview which was shown in the programme:

I put it to the Secretary of State that she is desperately trying to rein in the deficit, in an unrealistic time-frame, to save her own political skin. For the first time, she loses her cool, and the interview comes alive. "That is an absolute insult to thousands of NHS staff across the country," she retorts, her eyes wide with anger. "That is an insult to NHS staff across the country who have worked their socks off this year to make difficult decisions."

HOW DARE YOU PRESUME TO SPEAK FOR ME YOU ODIOUS BAG. YOU, PATRICIA HEWITT, ARE AN INSULT TO NHS STAFF.

I’d love to see Liam doing a programme on the UK chainsaw massacre that is MMC and MTAS (this is the second of 5 posts so far, have a look at the others too) soon.

5 Comments:

At 21:44, Blogger Unknown said...

DVD is set for the repeat at 04:35 in the smalls of Friday morning. I look forward to watching it with a soothing cup of tea to hand.

Regards - Shinga

 
At 03:06, Blogger Dr No No said...

that woman really does need a slap or 50.....what a nasty piece of work!

 
At 11:49, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lian Halligan is mine, dammit! He's mine! Get your hands off him!

 
At 15:39, Blogger Dr K said...

I see you also watched dispatches, anonymous!

That woman definately needs a few slaps, or maybe a spell in a really rough A+E department.

Did you watch it Shinga? Was the cup of tea enough to keep you calm?

 
At 18:58, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yes, and that Liam Halligan is a hot piece of stuff!

Is he married? If not, I'm definitely in there...

...let me at him!
...let me at him!

Grrrooooooowl!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home